Mabel the Miracle

Monday, January 4, 2016

Joe and I went to the hospital last night around 9 pm. The NICU only closes from 6:30 - 8 am and pm  for the nurses shift change. I am so thankful that we live only a mile from the hospital and are able to come and go as often as we like.

I had been at the hospital by myself earlier in the afternoon/evening and got to hold Mabel for a long time, so I let Joe have a turn. Watching these two makes my heart explode.


Joe has been the most incredible husband and father throughout this journey. We had a meeting with Mabel's "team" of nurses and doctors this morning. Joe had his little notebook ready with questions and notes from our prior updates while I just sat there holding back tears and trying to control my quivering lip.

I am having a really hard day since the meeting this morning. It was a reminder that Mabel has a lot going against her, not just the Trisomy 18. She has a hole in her heart that is allowing blood to circulate through her lungs twice instead of just once, she's gaining weight slower than the doctors would like, and she was premature. But then again, Mabel has defied the odds by being born alive and making it past 15 days so she is definitely a miracle!

6 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your precious family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jeaus, please touch sweet little Mabel's body and make her strong enough to go home with her parents. Please give Megan and Joe peace that surpasses all understanding in this what seems like an impossible situation. Please comfort them and show them Jesus through their precious daughter's life. Help Megan and Joe feel your presence like never before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, Megan, and your sweet family. May Jesus' love surround you, bring healing, and miraculous wisdom to Mabel's medical team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Megan, Allison shared with me about your sweet Mabel. My heart just aches for you and Joe and the rest of your family. Know that I'm praying for all of you as you walk this path. I'm thankful that you are not walking it alone- the Lord is with you. Praying for your beautiful baby Mabel to grow stronger quickly so she can go home with you. Be strong with the Lord's mighty power. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is such a little fighter that girl ❤️

    ReplyDelete