Capsule Wardrobe

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

I won’t lie. I struggle with this blog a lot, because I don’t want it to make me a materialistic person obsessing over all of the pretty things I could buy to make my house look like a magazine.

Instead, I am striving to make meaningful decisions and purchases. I am purging like a crazy person. I want my house to look like that magazine, but my reason is that I really don’t want the clutter in my life. I want to simplify and not have to worry so much.

So a few weeks ago when The Everygirl featured Caroline and her Spring Capsule Wardrobe (below), I immediately decided I was jumping on board. Caroline’s blog, Unfancy, is fantastic. I could go on for about 20 minutes about why I think the blog, her wardrobe, and most importantly her approach to blogging are inspiring!



I have started the purging process and it has proven to be much more difficult than I thought and I really have not allotted enough time to really tackle it, but I have started and more importantly I feel like I am getting more creative about wearing what I have and what I need to add to condense my wardrobe and start my first capsule collection. My goal is to start with summer. I desperately need summer clothes too.


I am approaching the capsule collection not because I buy clothing unnecessarily, but because I have been in a serious style rut for a few years now and I need to hit refresh on my wardrobe. Additionally since I am obsessed with decluttering, this seems like the perfect opportunity to purge my closet and attic!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!