lessons learned

Monday, November 12, 2012

It was a much needed quiet weekend around our house, and I'm glad to say that I only froze until Saturday evening when Joe got home and got the heat working again! We are both a little embarrassed to admit that the heat stopped working due to a dirty air filter in the floor. Seriously, it hasn't been that long since we changed the filter, so it is much more sensitive than I had imagined.

It was also brought to my attention this weekend by my sweet boyfriend that our house didn't feel that homey and he is right. Our walls are a little bare, even though we have plenty of things to hang sitting in the bottom of a closet, and our hardwoods totally lack rugs, so I am going to stop focusing on the big picture and spend a little more time turning our cute little house into a home. So I am on a serious hunt for rugs and here are a few pictures of things I am liking so far...

West Elm


I really love the look of this whole living room and I have been thinking of a rug more like this anyway, so maybe the above one would be better in the dining room.

Pinterest
There is also the option to make less decisions go for the layer look, above, and below. This is for people with decision-making anxiety like me.

Pinterest, again.



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!